Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Hair Raising?!

A good question raised the other day by my Bloggypal Pearl, started me thinking. I suggest you hop across to read her entertaining take on the subject of her hair in its many ' incarnations', as you might say.
I was tempted into sharing the following personal information:-
I have little choice in the matter of hair. It grows in a certain way, and a wash and a shake of the head is its usual routine. So although it has gone up and down like a Venetian blind over the years, and I have streaked or straightened it in the rash days of my youth, now I'm only too glad that a fair number of hairs have opted to stay in the same place. Many others decided to take residence in my plughole or hairbrush...
And I realised, that no matter what I've done with mine, it grows in a certain pattern that has remained the same since this photo was taken. There is no point my denying it.

I wonder how many other lady Bloggers have discovered, as they age, that their attitude to hair has altered.? After passing through a multitude of experimental alterations inflicted on their 'crowning glory', do they finally stop fighting nature and opt for an 'au naturel' look as regards colour and style?

I can't wait to read your thoughts on the subject!


8 comments:

  1. Hair. Not a good subject for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart, I AlwAys go with the look that's the easiest to create in the early am.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rate at which it is falling off my scalp I am afraid to style it.

    ReplyDelete

  4. How lovely it is to have you back again. I have missed you.

    I do hope that I'll be able to get on the internet in our little Appleby cottage. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived most of my life with baby fine, bone straight hair - all which cost me a small fortune in "perms" to inject kinks, bends and curls. Funny enough when I hit mid forties hormones delivered hair relief. I have more hair than ever, it grows faster than I can keep up with and it has BODY! Well, that was the story for a decade. At 55, although I still have lots of hair and it grows quickly I have noticed the curl slowly dissolving and I think I may be returning to my original hair styles. But I am grateful to have had the opportunity to enjoy a healthy head of hair. I am embracing the now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh absolutely.
    After having tinted, high- low- and every which way lighted my hair for decades I am now going au naturel, a fetching mix of grey, dirty black, white and all shades in between.

    It looks quite expensive, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still blessed with long and curly hair so I keep it natural & loose nowadays ~ Hope you are well, smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind as much about my hair as I used to when I was younger. I am 59 now. Of course I keep my hair clean and well groomed, but colour is much less important to me.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...